To place an order on the website,, you are confirming that you are of the legal capacity to enter into a contract with Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd (Owner of the site). (and that you are of the correct age, have authority to use the credit card etc.).
Sales and Pricing
- Final checkout prices shown are inclusive of taxes and delivery and are normally representative of the total that you will pay for the ordered Product. You agree to pay the shown price for the products selected.
- Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to change prices at any time until such a time as they issue an “Acceptance of Order” notice. If the total price differs to what was shown at checkout you reserve the right to ask for a full refund instead of paying the difference. Your Order remains valid as an offer until we issue our Acceptance of Order. We shall not be under any obligation to supply the Product to you until we have accepted your Order. Unless expressly stating that we accept your order, an email, letter, fax or other Confirmation of your Order by us is purely for information purposes and does not constitute the Acceptance of Order. Delivery of the Order also constitutes the Acceptance of Order.
- Prices on the Site (“www.sperry.co.za”) are in South African Rand unless otherwise indicated.
- You shall pay for the Product in full at the time of ordering by supplying us with your credit or debit card details from a credit card company acceptable to us, which we require in order to process your Order. Alternatively, you may pay by any method that we have said is acceptable to us, but in any event we shall not be bound to supply before we have received cleared funds in full. We reserve the right to perform a credit check and to reject/not to offer certain forms of payment and to refer you to our other forms of payment.
- We may ask for further proof that you are fully entitled to use a card (or other form of payment) that you have used to purchase the Products before releasing your Product.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all details you have supplied us are correct and continue to be accurate. Any costs that may arise out incorrect details will be for the Customer’s account.
- If you realize that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have completed the checkout process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accept any changes to your Order in accordance with your instructions.
- In cases where there are more than one item on your Order, we reserve the right not to supply some Items that make up your complete Order. In such a case we will only refund you for the items that are not available.
Delivery & Returns
- We aim to deliver the Product to you at the place of delivery requested by you during checkout.
- We aim to deliver the item to you as quickly as possible. Due to the substantial discounts we offer our delivery times are slightly longer. Our suggested delivery times can be found on the Orders & Delivery tab. Delivery times may vary depending on the Event that is running or the Items ordered.
- We shall aim to let you know if we expect that we are unable to meet our estimated delivery date, but, to the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery.
- On delivery of the Product, you may be required to sign for delivery. You agree to inspect the Product for any obvious faults, defects or damage before you sign for delivery. You must keep the receipt of the delivered product if you want to discuss the item further with us.
- Please note that it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. If this is the case, we will inform you using the contact details that you provide to us when you make your order and arrange for cancellation of the Order or delivery to an alternative delivery address.
- All risk and ownership of the Product shall pass onto you on delivery of the product. If you are not available to take delivery at the address you supplied (or delivery has not been able to take place by your fault) all risk and ownership will be passed to you from the time delivery was originally intended. From this point on Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd is no longer liable for any loss or damage to the product.
- Any damage incurred when opening the product is your fault and Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd will not be liable. Please take care when using sharp objects.
- If you are not available to take delivery or collection, we may leave a card giving you instructions on either re-delivery or collection from the carrier. Costs for redelivery may be passed onto you.
- At any stage during the delivery process, until you take delivery of the goods, Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd may choose to cancel the order.
- We do not warrant that products will suit your individual needs. We sell products without consideration for their end use.
- If you feel you wish to return a product please consult of returns policy which can be found on the site. Returns may be accepted for two reasons: customer decision or faulty product.
- Medicus Shoes reserves the right to change the returns policy at any stage without warning. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they are aware of the returns policy at checkout.
- We reserve the right, for purpose of suspected fraud, to refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between you and Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd, in whole or in part, if the Product is not available for any reason. We will notify you if this is the case and return any payment that you have made, and accept no liability which may arise as a result of such refusal to process any order/sale.
- We will usually aim to refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for the product.
- If fraud is suspected we may choose not to refund the payment but rather contact the police and relevant banking authority immediately.
Product Dead on Arrival
- Our products will be delivered in a new or original condition unless specifically stated otherwise. If you feel the product that has been delivered is not in its original condition please reach out to our customer service team immediately via email at email@example.com who will try to rectify the issue.
- Please inspect the product before signing for delivery. If you sign for a product on delivery you are agreeing that you are happy with the obvious condition of the product that you have received.
- Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Site shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd suffers any damage or loss.
- You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password shall be used for your personal use only and not be disclosed to any third party.
- You allow Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Site and back-office applications.
- All credit card transactions on the Site are secured by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and reinforced through various encryption processes in order to provide the most effective protection possible for all sensitive payment information. Medicus Shoes does not access any confidential information about your means of payment.
Disputes between you and Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd may arise from time to time, and we will try to resolve these issues in an amiable manner.
Address for Notices
Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd hereby selects 79 Grahamstown Road, North End, Port Elizabeth, its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post, telefax or email and must be in English. All notices sent -
- by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
- by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting;
- by telefax before 16h30 on a business day will be deemed to have been received, on the date of successful transmission of the telefax. All telefaxes sent after 16h30 or on a day which is not a business day will be deemed to have been received on the following business day; and
- by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. ALL EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require a PO Box address please enquire with Medicus Shoes (Pty) Ltd.